Dear Members of the Artificial Life community,
The International Society for Artificial Life (ISAL) is calling for proposals to host the International Conference on Artificial Life. We will select two teams, one to organize ALife 2020 and one for ALife 2021. We are making decisions for both years to expand our horizon for planning the events and to allow local organizers more time to prepare. There are no firm geographic constraints on where the conference will be held, although effort will be made to ensure that the conference moves to different regions of the world each year.
Interested parties should inform the ISAL Secretary (email@example.com) of their intention to submit a proposal as soon as possible. Proposals should be emailed to the ISAL Secretary by 1 June 2018.
Proposals are intended to be brief and to be used as a starting point for further discussions with the ISAL board. A typical proposal will be 2-4 pages and include a high-level description of each of the following items:
- WHO: Key members of the organizing committee
- WHAT: The main conference theme
- WHERE: Conference location (and likely facilities available at the target conference venue)
- WHEN: Approximate conference dates and duration (and preference for year, 2020 or 2021)
- WHY: Any other considerations (such as special events, external funding to be solicited, potential keynote speakers, or local attractions)
Feel free to contact me (or anyone on the ISAL board) with questions.
With best regards,